Thursday 13 August 2009

Day 3, Normandy to Chartres 452KM

Had some distance to do today, the sun was hot, and my legs felt fresh



and then I found somewhere twinned with Stowmarket



Futher down the route one of my panniers partly came off- I hadn't been checking the nuts and bolts and one must have come loose (idiot!). So I looked for the nut and bolt for a good hour, until giving up, doing a botch job with cable ties and cycling to the nearest village. A kind French family in a farmhouse helped me out and replaced the part I needed, and also gave me some water and chocolate. This was the second time in two days that people had helped out with whatever they could, once you told them you were doing a solo tour.

Here's Chartre cathedral from the distance

RIMG0045

No comments:

Post a Comment