Friday 14 August 2009

Day 6, Avalon to Lons-Le Saunier 968KM

Today took me into the Alps, or at least the foothills near Dijon. As it turned out, the parents were stopping off to see friends in Lausanne, Switzerland, on their way back from Italy. I'd only found this out two days before on the phone, but as I'd planned (vaguely) to pass near Lausanne I thought I'd at least try to meet them their. My progress so far had left me with 350KM to do in two days, and suspecting that the friday would be hillier, if not mountainous, I aimed to do at least 200KM today.

So, I woke up at seven and was on the bike at eight. The road out of the campsite was a 10% climb, perhaps 200 metres in height, winding up to the town where I took breakfast. That was one way of waking yourself up...

Although it wasn't particularly quick cycling, I arrived at a place called Chagny at lunch, having already done 120KM.



215KM later I arrived in Lons-Le Saunier at a great campsite. This was the furthest I had ever cycled, and my legs still felt reasonably supple, so my fitness was definitely improving with each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment