Friday 14 August 2009

Day 7, Lons-le Saunier to Lausanne 1120KM

Here's where the fun starts- mountains!
The climb out of Lon-le Saunier was impossible, however. It started off at 13%, for two miles, with absolutely no shade whatsoever, so I felt pretty useless at having to walk for the second half. Luckily though the climbing became longer, but easier further along the route.





I did the 7KM climb with three French lads, towing them along behind. They had mountain bikes but were pretty good climbers, and showed me how to get to the Swiss border at the top.



Once I had passed through the border into the secret land of pocket knifes, quartz watches, old-fashioned currency, chocolate, and dodgy banks, I descended to Lac Leman, at times reaching speeds of around 70kmh

RIMG0075

No comments:

Post a Comment